Paper Crafts for Kids – Making a Squash Book
Paper Crafts for Kids : The Squash Book
If you are looking for a great paper craft for kids, the following tutorial is a great project for you. This project is most appropriate for children ages 7 and up, but younger children will enjoy as well, with help from an adult.
Paper Crafts for Kids
You will need the following supplies:
- 3 sheets of solid card stock paper 12×12
- tape or glue
- any embellishments of your choosing (stickers, markers, rubber stamps, etc)
1. Fold one piece of paper in half. Open up your paper and fold in again along the same fold line but in the opposite direction.
2. Next open up your paper and turn it so your fold line is going horizontally along your page. Then fold your paper down the center making sure to open it up and refold it in the opposite direction. ** you will have a cross or “x” on your paper now
3. Now you are going to make your last fold. Fold your paper down the diagonal. You will only fold on ONE diagonal.
4. Repeat the above steps on the other two pieces of paper.
5. When you are done folding your papers you should have two squares in opposite corners and two squares with a diagonal fold down the middle on opposite corners. Take your first sheet and turn it so that you have a solid square at the bottom right corner. Apply adhesive to the square in bottom right corner, making sure to keep the adhesive inside the crease lines.
6. Now take your second sheet and line up your top left solid square and place it over your adhesive.
7. Next place adhesive in the bottom right square of your second sheet of paper. Take your third sheet of paper and place the top left solid square on top of your adhesive.
8. Now for the slightly tricky part, folding it into a small book. Starting back at the top that the two squares the diagonal folds and bring the creases up to meet over your paper then push them down to line up with the square below it. Holding this down with one hand, take your other hand and push the solid square down.
9. Now flip your paper over to the left and repeat the above step. Then flip your book over towards you and repeat the last fold.
Your paper crafts for kids squash book is complete. You can add photos, stickers or anything you want to decorate it with.
If you want to make a smaller book you can use the same steps on a smaller sheet of card stock. Just be sure that your card stock is square. It can be used on a 12×12 sheet, 10×10, 8×8 or 6×6. I wouldn’t recommend going smaller then a 6×6, your book may come out too small to put anything in.
I hope that you have fun with this paper craft for kids and adults.
Video can be seen here: *coming soon*