Scrapbooking a Baby Album
With the birth of our second child just a mere month ago, I found myself looking back through our first child’s baby books. For our son, I scrapbooked a baby album in addition to a “Friday Album”. In the Friday album, I scrapped weekly photos that I took of him on every Friday since he was born for 1 year. I plan to give our daughter the same albums – the weekly album (hers will be a Monday album of course) and of course a more traditional baby book. When I say traditional I mean it features some of the same content you would write in one of those standard baby books, but everything is scrapped. Here’s a list of the pages I included in my son’s baby album.
1. Arrival day – this is the front page and included his birth announcement and specifics about his birth
2-3. My First day here. This page included his “stats” and a letter I wrote to him shortly after his birth.
4-5. My First Visitors
6. My first bath
7. My mom and dad. On this page I wrote a little about my husband and I, how we met, our history, etc.
8-9. My grandparents and great grandparents. Again, information about them, their history,etc.
10. What things cost in 2005. The prices of different things around the time he was born (ie: formula, milk, movie ticket, stamp, daycare, diapers,etc.)
11. My first photo shoot. At two weeks we had professional shots done. I haven’t done this with my daughter yet!
12-13. Me and the puppies. Pictures with the baby and our pooches.
14-15. My baptism
16. My home. A picture of the home where he lived in his first year of life.
17. Family. A great group shot of our closest family.
18. Jumpy Bouncy Fun. One of his favorite toys – his jumper/bouncy!
19. Yum! My first foods. When he ate his first solid food.
20-21. Let’s Roll. Documentation of his first foll over.
22. I love toes. Pics of him chewing on his toes! Yum!
23. a.k.a. all of his cute nicknames during his first year.
24. Who do I look like? Comparison pictures of him and my husband and me.
25. First tooth. It took me a while to get that shot!
26-27. See it Taste it. That silly phase where everything goes in there mouth. Cute pictures came out of this. I just started looking though many shots and found tons of them with stuff shoved in his mouth.
28. Small talk. First words
29. My daycare friends
30-31. My first Birthday party.
32. My first haircut. I even saved a lock of hair on this page!
33. What I can do. Documentation of certain milestones. (ie; crawling, sitting, walking,etc.)
34. Rotavirus. His first hospitalization – yuck!
35. My sleep habits. When he started sleeping through the night, etc.
36. Play time! A list of favorite toys
37-38. Look how much I’ve grown. A series of pics going from birth to 18 months. It’s amazing to see the changes all put together.
39-40. Favorite foods. Once he started eating solids of course.
Looking through this album makes me excited to get started on my daughter’s albums! Did I forget any milestones? If anyone has any ideas about more/different pages for a baby album , post a comment and let me know!